Wednesday, November 10, 2010

First Day On the Slopes!....Hiking.

In has snowed in Rossland for the first time this season! It has also all melted. To celebrate the one-sunny-day-a-week that Rossland is privy to, Roxanne and I hiked up Red Mountain. It was a hike suggested to us by our awesome Aussie landlords, so we weren't quite sure what to expect!

Is this the trail? I don't know...let's follow it and find out.

Aggressive bears? Oh my!

A fort in the woods? Perhaps this will protect us from the bears. Sadly, the ferry was not running.

A view of the mountains!

A view of Rossland. It looks tiny from this view, but believe me, the town is tiny even when you're there. You can't see our house...but almost.

Reached the top! Climbed the sign! Hopefully next time I'll see it, my head will be standing level with the names...and I doubt I'll be on my way to War Eagle.

A view of Granite Mountain. Cold and relatively snowless.

Lonely chair lifts, waiting to be ridden.

The part where it says "YOU ARE HERE"? Yeah, we were there!

No comments:

Post a Comment