Monday, November 1, 2010

Exciting Beginnings!

Background

Just so we're all on the same page, I'll give everyone a quick recap of my situation. I was once employed. As recently as January, in fact. I was a teacher. Then I went to Europe for four months, and came back without a job, a home, or any sort of life plan. After a brief stint camping for the Labour Day weekend, I decided my next plan of action would be to move to a mountain and ski as much as possible for the winter season...which brings me to the present.

My sister (Roxanne) and her Australian boyfriend (Garth) are veteran ski bums. In the interest of family fun, the three of us decided we would ski bum on the same mountain. Or rather, I decided I would follow them and they (reluctantly? hesitantly? regrettably?) agreed.

Back to Hostelling

Sunday, October 24 was the big day. We set out with our convoy of Jetta and Previa destined for Rossland, BC. A quick 9 hour drive through the mountains, with brief stops for gas, Tim Hortons, and Buckley's, and we arrived at our hostel. 
The windows will fall out if you open them. But don't worry - I'm sure the rest of the building is structurally sound.


Within the first few days we managed to find and secure a three bedroom house in a fantastic location. The only drawback was that we couldn't move in until the first and so had to spend the rest of the week chilling at the hostel.
    Hostel Literature: Skiing, Snowboarding, and the best bongs of 2010. Everything needed for a ski season!

    3 comments:

    1. So I just want to be clear: There are no cops reading this blog, right? That would be bad.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Obviously, you are all much too busy seeking gainful employment to stack your wood neatly!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Truthfully, we didn't stack the wood at all. Our Australian landlords live in a tiny suite in half the basement. They are the woodstackers - despite the task seeming to be a very Canadian one.

      ReplyDelete